Saturday, September 24, 2011

Let there be light

So I've been working on this lamp for a while...and when I say working on, I mean constantly looking for the perfect lampshade in any store I entered. After not having much luck, I decided "why don't I just take a lamp shade that I already have (I have several lying around- any time I find one for a good price I get it) and recover it". So today, that's exactly what I did. I am making a lamp for a customer (aka my aunt) and she will be using it in her cabin on an old Singer sewing table. I already had the base picked out. It is a wine bottle which I wrapped in some twine. The cool part is there is this pretty "M" emblem on the bottle and their last name is Miller so I thought it was fitting. Here is the base:


So the lampshade I chose to use is a gold color and had some ribbon piping on the top and bottom.
I took off the piping and decided to cover over the gold with some lace so that the pretty gold color could still show through the lace. Here is the lace pattern I cut out by tracing my lampshade and then the shade once I covered it with the lace.  

I loved the way the shade looked just like this, but I felt it needed a little pop of color so I added a maroon ribbon to the top and bottom on the lampshade. Once I put it all together this is what I ended up with.

Hope you like it. Love you all!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment