Sunday, November 6, 2011

A lady's tool box and more lamps

Hello friends,
I bought this pretty wooden box at Wimberley Market Days back in September for $1. Disregard the knobs in the box, this was the only "before" picture I could find.
I knew I wanted to paint it but other than that I wasn't sure how I wanted to spruce this up. So first I painted it a light gray. Then I decided that since the box had these great "handles" on each side that I could make a handle going all the way across. I had some wire that was strong enough and I wrapped a string of beads (think of what you would put on a Christmas tree) tightly around the wire, gluing as I went. Then to add a little extra touch I tied some purple lace ribbon around each end.

I like to think of it as a Lady's Tool Box :)
If you've read my blog at all, you know there are two things I really like making: chalkboards, and lamps.
We'll I have made another set of lamps and I really love how they turned out. I wrapped the bases of the bottles in twine. I like this look because it gives the lamps some texture, and it also hides some on the cord seeing that the bottles are clear glass. Then I took two matching lampshades I had and recovered them with some great fabric I got on clearance at Garden Ridge for $1.50 for 2 yards! Man I love a good sale :)


It's probably a good thing that these don't match anything in my house or I would be keeping them for myself.
Love you all!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment