Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend highs and lows

I went to Market Days in Wimberley yesterday and it was AMAZING! Definitely the highlight of the weekend. My wonderful husband got up early with me and we were off and running at market days by 7:30am (I know, I couldn't believe it either). We were there until about 11:30 and I think we actually covered all of it. I didn't buy much, just some drawer knobs and pulls and a storage basket/box. All were $1 each.
But I did get lots of good ideas, and I also realized that alot of things at Market Days I already had, like an old screen door and an old window. I had been thinking that I needed to redo those things before I try and sell them but after going to Market Days, maybe I can just sell them as is. However, that kinda seems like a cop out, the whole fun of collecting beat up things for me is to be able to transform them into something better. Anywho, here are somethings I've been working on that I have finally managed to complete.
Remember this chair:
Well now it looks like this:

I replaced the missing pieces of the chair and stained it a dark walnut, although the chair turned out almost black. Most likely because it was really dry unfinished wood and all the stain just soaked right into the wood. Then I got these cushions at Garden Ridge because all their patio cushions are 50% off right now. The seat cushion is really thick (maybe too thick), but I guess better to have on over stuffed chair than understuffed. If I get really ambitious, I'd like to make a footrest out of the scraps left from the other matching chair that I took apart. We'll see...
I also finished a matching set of lamps this weekend. The bases were originally vases and I loved the white with the gray and the pattern.


I am still working on getting my Etsy shop started. In the meantime, if you see something that you like, let me know and chances are it's for sale! My email is ajshaw10@gmail.com
Love you all!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment