Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's only just begun...



 So..... I've been on several dumpster dive runs over the last few days (a.k.a. driving around and looking for anything of interest set out by the trash and throwing it in the back of my truck). And here is a break down of the things I've found and also some things I've collected in months past but have yet to "beautify".  Oh yeah, here's the best part: everything below was free unless said otherwise! gotta love that!
This is an old spice rack, it even spins around. I plan on restoring it.

Old screen door, needs quite a bit of work.

Stump with roots. Saw it on the side of the road and thought it would make for interesting rustic decor.

Chair frame. I plan on replacing the missing parts and putting a cushion on the seat.

Here's the pieces to the matching chair above. Not sure what I'm going to do with these yet.

This is one side of folding closet doors. Also not sure what the future of these will be.

Bought this at a garage sale for $5. I think i'll give it some new paint and vintage knobs.



This is a coffee table/game table that I bought at a garage sale for $5. The two outside drawers are actually game boards and the middle drawer is supposed to hold the game pieces. We have yet to see the game boards b/c they were screwed shut but don't worry, we'll get there. Really excited to restore this one.

Just a pile of scrap wood and a moving palate. I have great plans for the moving palate but you'll just have to wait and see :)

Bought this beauty at a garage sale for $1, no that's not a typo, $1! This is going to become a chalkboard. I haven't decided if I'm going to paint over the frame or not.

Found this medicine cabinet about a year ago. It's a little unstable and needs some work. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it as a medicine cabinet or take out the mirror and turn it into a decorative wall hutch or shadowbox.


This came from the dumpster at the apartment I used to live at. Yes, someone dared to put this in the dumpster. The nerve. I saved it and have been using it ever since. I plan on sanding it down and repainting it possibly a white-washed taupe or mustard yellow and spray painting the handles bronze. I know it sounds crazy but I think it could turn out great.

Just your typical door, but Sean and I plan on making a kitchen island and this is going to be our counter top.

This is a smaller version of those great big wire spools. I thought it was a great decor piece. It's in pretty bad shape so I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it but we shall see...

Another shipping palate. Could be a cool head board, or a magazine rack...the possibilities with these things are endless.

Thanks to Sean's hawk eyes we have this wonderful old window. Don't know what's going to happen to it yet but really it's great just as it is.

So there's the breakdown of my future projects. I will be working on them as I have time and energy and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment