Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Cavins Guestroom Reveal

Ladies and Gents, it's finally here. The moment I know you have all been waiting for.....the Cavin's guestroom reveal........(drum roll)..........


Taa daaaaa!

Ok so there are alot of pictures, possibly some of the same thing, but I tried to get nearly every angle to give you the best possible "tour" of the room. Enjoy!

This is the view from the doorway of the room.
I hadn't planned on using this cute little table, but when I started setting up the room, this little nook needed something and this table which Taylor and Marlena already had fit perfectly. Plus, it was just the right size for my lighted branch to sit on. Now, I just have to spray paint the table a hammered brown color that will match the room better.

I looovvveee the sconce that hangs above the bed. I found it at Goodwill for $5. Also, the headboard is actually a piece of wrought iron decorative wall art that I found at Marshalls.
Here's the side table I redid all dressed up. A picture of the happy couple in a frame from a thrift store that I spray painted, some flameless candles, and all the books were $1 or $2 each. Books are one of my favorite things to decorate with. I got one from the dollar store (yes, they sell hardback books), and the rest from Half Price Books in the clearance section. Take note that I got the books strictly on color not content. If you ever spend the night in this room at Taylor and Marlena's you will have a variety of reading options from poems to Galileo to How to be your dogs best friend (my personal favorite). 
Here you can see the curtains I made from the fabric I had leftover after I recovered the lampshade.



Here is the crest I made. I got this idea from Pintrest. To see how I did it read my previous post.
They already had the vase and the two extra throw pillows in the basket and they just happen to go well with the room.
Oh yeah, and if you can't tell, both dogs, Lucky and Texas approve of this room :)
Both things I had to buy that are in the picture above, the flower stems and the basket were 50% or more off. Gotta love a good sale!
Here is a view from the opposite side of the room.

The three things on the wall by the door are these really cute hooks with the numbers 1, 2, and 3.


And that's the Cavins Guest Room Tour! I hope you enjoyed it. Love you all!
-Amy 

4 comments:

  1. You did SUCH a great job, Amy :) Thanks for posting!! Love you.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Amy! The bedroom is adorable and looks so inviting. That little table with the vase on it is just perfect for that spot. I love the C and both the side table and the little cabinet. It's really pretty. Enjoyed every picture. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the headboard! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Andrea and (I'm assuming) Mom! Also, thank you whoever made the third comment about the headboard. Don't forget to sign your name on your comment so I know who it is! :)

    ReplyDelete